We are supporting a well-regarded school in their search for a new IT Manager. With experience at a 2nd/3rd line level, you will be responsible for the management, installation, maintenance, availability, and security of the schools’ ICT network, along with line management of one engineer.
The role: On a day-to-day basis, you will resolve and monitor technical issues at the school, all while ensuring clear and concise communication regarding any issues or problems. You will advise on the right course of action in terms of IT and deliver any projects. The right candidate will need to have strong communication skills as you will be the main point of contact for all of your schools ICT needs where you will be dealing with members of staff and pupils.
About you: The successful hands on IT Manager will need to have the following experience and have exceptional relationship building and customer service skills.
• Responsible for managing and controlling all technical aspects of the installation, configuration, operation, maintenance and development of the school’s ICT hardware, software and network infrastructure.
• Provide great communication
• Work with the school development team to ensure that the school are getting the best level of service
• Ensure behaviour, including appearance and punctuality, meets standards outlined
• Be prepared to work with young children
• Be prepared to train small groups of school staff
• Be prepared to assist with occasional lifting of equipment during installation
• Be prepared to work on another site once per week Skills/Abilities
• Effectively monitor, manage and maintain all infrastructure systems, including servers, storage, SAN, Wi-Fi and networking equipment
• Ensure that backup and archive systems are in place
• Oversee the installation, maintenance and upgrades of all infrastructure equipment
• Manage key services including Active Directory, DNS, Office 365, DHCP and Group Policy